To provide window coverings of the
In 1775, John King began manufacturing cotton fabric for window blinds, and soon his Scotch Holland fabric became a recognized world leader. Over 240 years later, Dutton & Gavin Textiles continues King's tradition as UK wholesale distributors of high-quality window blind fabrics and components.
Arthur Dutton and Horace Gavin partnered up to form Dutton & Gavin (Textiles) in 1946, and John King took over the blossoming company as a holding group. Today, Dutton & Gavin Textiles is proud to carry on this legacy with the same commitment to excellence that has been the hallmark of our company for nearly three centuries.
Fit for a King. Tailor-made solutions for your home.
With over six decades of experience as trusted wholesale distributors of premium window blind fabrics and components, we have been a cornerstone in supplying manufacturers across the United Kingdom.
Our immense pride is anchored in the prestigious Royal Warrant of Appointment, bestowed upon Dutton & Gavin Textiles as purveyors of superior blind fabrics and components.
Dutton & Gavin
and our Environmental Impact
We are committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the environment.
Our Environmental Strategy to achieve this includes the following key points.
- We have selected fabrics to maximise heat and glare control reducing the amount of energy required to regulate internal temperatures in domestic and commercial buildings.
- We ensure that our suppliers meet and often exceed all the environmental legislation concerned with the manufacture of fabrics.
- We have an on-going policy to choose and develop products which have as little impact on the environment as possible during their lifetime.
- We actively promote re-cycling within the company.
- We regularly review our operations to minimise waste and ensure that they are as efficient as possible
You can view our Sustainability Policy here.
FSC Certified Pine Wood
FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified pine wood offers a multitude of benefits when used for wooden shutters.
Firstly, it guarantees that the wood comes from responsibly managed forests, promoting environmental sustainability and biodiversity conservation. This certification ensures that the harvesting practices adhere to strict social and environmental standards, including protection of indigenous rights and wildlife habitats.
Beyond its eco-friendly credentials, FSC Certified pine wood possesses exceptional durability, making it an ideal choice for long-lasting shutters. Its resistance to warping and decay enhances the longevity of the shutters, requiring minimal maintenance over time.
Additionally, the use of FSC Certified wood reflects a commitment to ethical and socially responsible sourcing, appealing to consumers who prioritize conscientious and sustainable choices in their home decor.